I had my surgery 2 weeks ago and doing pretty good. However I have nausea almost all the time. Just taking Tylenol for pain. I was put on Amiodarone first week two times a day 200mg and second week 200mg one a day for 1 to 3 more months.
Do you think this medication could cause this? Is this a dangerous medication? Anyone else taking this medication? I will discuss with my Cardiologist this Thursday when I see him. Just curious if anyone has information.
else taking it?
Well I made it through too!!!!The only complaint I have is that my phone would not work at all the whole time I was there so I could not communicate with anyone at all. I was in icu for 2 days because went into afib day after surgery. But I am out and at home 4 days later and feel pretty darn good.
Tomorrow is the day. I have incredible friends and family I truly feel blessed. Have to be there at 5 am. I have spent last 2 days feeling really good about my surgery, then wishing I did not have this problem and have to do this. I have gotten emotional at times, start crying for no apparent reason. Then calm down then start pacing the floor. I love my 3 cats my friends and family and thank you all for helping me get this done. I will send a message when I am able to. Going to shower and try to rest. Waiting has been the hardest part!!!
Hello everyone looking for a little something I cannot seem to pick up the phone and schedule my surgery. I guess it is because I do not feel bad and not looking forward to not feeling well. I am scared I may have complications and never feel as good as I do now again. I have severe mitral valve regurgitation and severely enlarged heart and I know I have to do this. I hope my next post is to tell you the date I have scheduled. This site does help you because I know all of you have been through something similar. Just needed to express my anxiety. Thanks for listening.
So now I found my surgeon who feels he can do a minimally invasive surgery. 80% chance he can repair mitral valve. If it needs to be replaced he recommends animal valve. So when should I do this? Since this Covid 19 situation is still out of control is it safe to go ahead and have surgery? I have severe mitral regurgitation and moderately dilated left atrium. I feel pretty good maybe some fatigue and sob on exertion but all in all living normal life. I am 65 with no other health issues. Dr. Chen and Dr. Sakwa have said everyday I am a little older with more wear to my heart and not to put off too long. Should I do this now in the middle of Covid? I think the hospital will allow for one visitor to be with you after surgery but not sure the policy changes daily, I live in Orange County California where there has been a big surge in cases.
I took Marie's advice and have postponed my surgery. I did get scheduled for TEE and angiogram next tuesday and then spoke to Jeffrey Altshuler's office about an evaluation
with him. His office girl said as soon as I get these tests done she will arrange for me to see him. I notified my nurse at Hoag that I would like to postpone surgery so I can get more comfortable with all of this. I just feel I need more information before I proceed. I am feeling grateful for this web site because all of you understand our concerns going through this journey.