Awaiting my case to be presented to Dr. Golino from my cardiologist, Aston Kristamurthy. I have researched the cardiac surgeon and his former patients say he's super at what he does and their confidence level is high. My sister needs a repair and will be going to Cleveland Clinic in Cleveland. She wants me to reconsider having my surgery done in Florida and to see her surgeon in Ohio. It's confusing me, as I want the best possible care but I need to be practical too. Looking for other input.
VERY frustrated with my Cardiologist in Bradenton, Florida. I was told I need mitral valve replacement. I've had every test that can be done. Prior to the last test (cardiac cath) my doc contacted a cardio thoracic surgeon for a consult. I was told surgery was needed and soon. After the cath, the story was completely different...that I could wait (even though my rating was moderately severe). I feel like a tennis ball being batted back and forth...getting myself psyched up for the surgery, then trying to convince myself that it's no big deal to wait. Hubby and I are up in Michigan for the summer and at the nagging of my little sister, I have made and appointment with a cardio thoracic surgeon at U of M hospital for a second opinion. If he validates that I can wait, then I guess that's what I will do. However, if Dr. Bolling tells me that it's urgent, then we will head back to Florida. Only this time, I will check with Dr. Accola in Orlando, who is mentioned in Adam's book, and have HIM do the surgery. I just don't understand how I can be considered urgent at one minute, and then wait at another. FRUSTRATING!
Well, I saw Dr. Bolling at U of M hospital and was told surgery should have been done a YEAR ago. UGH. So all our plans have now changed. I will be having surgery at U of M hospital in October. Dr. Bolling made me feel at ease about all of this and assures me he can do a replacement.