Does anyone know if or when after surgery, you could safely go into a hot tub?
The day has almost finally come. Being admitted tomorrow morning, May 10th, Valve Replacement surgery is scheduled for Friday May 11th @ 1 pm. Bit freaked ...Read more
The day has almost finally come. Being admitted tomorrow morning, May 10th, Valve Replacement surgery is scheduled for Friday May 11th @ 1 pm. Bit freaked but ok for the most part.. Lots of friend and family keeping me occupied for sure.
I just added additional comments to a post I put on here Monday. However thought I would create a new post again with my symptoms and comments again, in hopes ...Read more
I just added additional comments to a post I put on here Monday. However thought I would create a new post again with my symptoms and comments again, in hopes I can get some opinions of where I am at with this now and what should I be expecting. I have found out I am currently not on a surgery or call list unfortunately.
1. Shortness of breath most of the time (in and out of bed, stairs, showering, dressing myself, brushing hair and teeth, walking from kitchen to living room - short distances, taking one item out of dryer , let alone a full load. Pretty much with little exertion, I am out of breath.
2. Rapid heart palpitation sensation, even in my sleep this wakes me up. Also occurs sitting on couch resting, watching tv. Feels like my heart is going to pop out of my chest.
3. Consistently swollen ankles, feet, hands and face. My lips feel like they are tingling pretty much all of the time.
4. Light headed approx. 8-10 times a day, and gets extremely intense where I feel like I will pass out. However this doesn't last long - about 20-45 seconds. Happens frequently when I roll over in bed.
5. My left eye has had 3 episodes in 2 weeks where it feels like it's seizing, for lack of a better term, or a distorted feeling.
6. Extreme coughing, most often this happens during sleep and wakes me up, then passes.
7. Feeling like a "wet noodle", past 2 weeks especially but not every day.. Usually every other day. Blood pressure readings were 91/54 and stayed within that range for a day. It's up now though, 101/67 range which I think is ok now.
8. Fingers lately (past month) have been noticed by family members and friends - appear to have a blue colour to them. This isn't consistent but it is becoming more frequent.
9. Extreme fatigue - but not sleeping well (2-5 hrs at a time).
At this point I am not being monitored by anyone whatsoever.
Thanks in advance for any advice. I really appreciate all the comments. This is a great group. Ideally would be great if another heart valve Dr could see this, outside of the organization I have here.
Hi everyone. I am somewhat new to this community. I am learning alot and this site is awesome. I do need some help though with understanding where I am at ...Read more
Hi everyone. I am somewhat new to this community. I am learning alot and this site is awesome. I do need some help though with understanding where I am at in my prognosis. In Jan this year I was diagnosed with Severe Aortic Stenosis. End of Jan had dye test done and no blockages to complicate things woohoo! However I am still having difficulty getting answers from the surgeons. 4 out of 5 Dr's I've seen all said it was severe. The heart surgeon assigned to me said I was moderate - severe after the dye test was done. I was told by another that if I don't have the valve replaced asap, that life expectancy is 1-2 yrs. The heart surgeon assigned is still holding off and I found out today that I am not even on the surgery list (thought I was all along and been waiting for date). I don't get to see him until the end of April now and "go from there" I was told. This is so confusing because I have every single symptom and really struggling breathing now, amongst other noticeable symptoms constantly. Is this normal to be feeling this miserable, not able to do much, yet was advised today I am not on the urgent list, or any list at all for that matter. Please help if you have any insight for me, would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Hi everyone. I have been diagnosed recently with severe aortic stenosis. Last week I had the cardiac catheterization done, no blockages thank goodness. ...Read more
Hi everyone. I have been diagnosed recently with severe aortic stenosis. Last week I had the cardiac catheterization done, no blockages thank goodness. I've met with 5 different Doctors now about this ( family Dr, and other cardiologists). 4 of them say its severe and valve replacement is necessary, however one surgeon is pushing it out ,reasoning is more focused on my bad habit of smoking and overweight. I agree yes 100% I need to make changes, and have assured Doctors that I have made drastic changes and making extremely good progress.