Celebrating one week since AVR surgery! I got home Sunday, and trying to readjust. So far I feel week,and do not have much appetite, hoping that will come back soon. Having some visual migraines as well. But so glad to be out of the hospital!
Hi heart valve warriors! Checking in after surgeryonMy 15th!i am doing well.moved to the step down yesterday and up walking today. I feel sluggish but my Dr and healthcare team are happy with my progress! Best wishes to all of those with surgeries next week! Take care! Susan!
This week I had my pre-op appointment with the surgeon. It will be a Bovine aortic valve for me! Dr.Ramaiah discussed all of the possible complications from surgery, hope to have none of these, but aware. He said he won't release me to drive until the four week appointment, yikes! Thursday, I had my tooth extracted and getting over that, but no major issues, glad that is done! Big conference at work next week, then a week at home to get all ready work wise and home wise for my May 15th surgery. My energy level is down, trying to keep moving, but not overdo it. And will need to contact my prayer warriors to ask for their prayers!
I had my dental appointment yesterday, got a referral to an oral surgeon for a CT Scan for my entire mouth and to look at a tooth/crown that is giving me some pain. The oral surgeon recommends the tooth be pulled, so scheduled the extraction for next week. Soooo I don't have the dental clearance letter yet... Surgery is scheduled for May 15th... Hope it won't effect that date... Fingers crossed....
I went for my second opinion Monday, he agreed with my surgeon and showed us the TEE and CT pics and explained what we were seeing. Called the surgeons office and have a date May 15th! Now to get ready at work and home for the big day!
I scheduled my second opinion for early April. Sent the medical records but had to call back for two tests which were not in the packet .. But glad that am moving forward! Also saw my primary care DR for my usual check up, we discussed my choice for surgery Bio valve etc she was very supportive! Planning surgery for May...
It had been a month since my CT etc, with no call from the Drs office. I called yesterday for an update. The Drs office put my info into the national data base to decide if my case is TAVR or non TAVr. My results are non TAVR so I qualify for OHS. I still plan on a May surgery date to replace this aortic valve. I plan on a BIO valve to avoid the need for blood thinner. My surgeon performs this by hemi sternectomy unless he just has to cut the whole sternum bone. Now I am debating whether I still need a second opinion.
Yesterday, I spent the "day" at the hospital, for a CT scan of the heart.. pulmonary and carotid artery ultrasound.. Prior to the cT scan.. I had to have some meds to slow down my heart rate, which delayed the test, but I was able to complete it.. I was NPO from midnight, so it was good to finally get water/food at 1 PM.. After that, had to obtain my Cd's of test results and medical records. Glad that is behind me.. I did learn how caring all of the health professionals are at this hospital.. so that made me feel at ease about my choice!! Next step is a second opinion though!!
I recently learned that I need to have my aortic valve replaced. I have consulted a Surgeon, but need more tests before he determines what he recommends for me. Trying to decide upon the surgeon for a second opinion.. whether to consult one at the big educational institution.. or one at another facility . Glad to find that I am not alone in this!!