I'm 32 years old, married and have a 3 yr old son and another on the way. I live in Minneapolis, MN and live an enjoyable, active life.
I have been diagnosed with severe Aortic regurgitation ~75CC, no stenosis. I have visited 3 surgeons and all have recommended surgery, I'm pretty sure its safe to say its time. Living in Minneapolis it's an easy drive to Mayo Clinic in Rochester, MN for surgery... I feel like I am in great hands there. The plan is to go for a mini-Sternotomy (if my heart and Aorta position allow for it) and most likely will get a mechanical valve. I'm thinking ON-X due to the lower approved INR range.
I'm currently digesting all this information and trying to be optimistic about the surgery. I don't think waiting is going to help and the longer I wait the worse my condition will get. I'm just praying that all will go as planned.