My surgery is scheduled for June 22nd and I just came down with a cold. Hopefully I can recover in 9 days so that we don’t have to postpone my surgery. It seems to be just a head cold. Runny nose and headache, no sore throat or coughing. Crossing my fingers. Anyone else have this issue before surgery? Yikes!!
Hi - I finally saw my 2 Surgeons on Tuesday and had my Ultrasound and CT Scan. I definitely have to have OHS as my Heart has calcification that will have to be addressed during my surgery in case I need to have another valve down the road. Then they will able to do the TAVR. Going in Monday for PreOp and Surgery is on June 22nd. I am so thankful to have found this site and others going through same procedures and everything that goes with it. Luckily I do have a lot of support at home. Will keep you posted. Thanks for everything!!
Hi All - Just got my Appointments for 2 Surgeons on June 8th along with 2 Tests.One Dr does OHS and the other specializes in TAVR, hopefully they can lead me on the right path. Not sure which way we will go - it depends a lot on my age (66). Of course I would like to go the easier way, but I am up for either one right now. I need to get better as I don’t really know how long I have been in the Severe stage. Did not go to Doctor last year because of Covid. Crossing my fingers for quick decisions. 🤞💜
Well, I’ve waited more than a week now for the Heart Surgeon to call me. I was released from the hospital on May 19th with severe Arterial Stenosis and was told to wait for the Surgeon to call. Should be within a couple of days, not..... I phoned them and did not get a call back. In the meantime I have been told not to drive and not to over exert myself.
After the Holiday I will start checking in again and see what is going on. I don’t feel bad, but Cardiologist made me really scared about what could happen. He says my valve issue is no joke. So why is it taking so long to get into the Surgeon’s office for a consultation? Not sure but will find out this week.
Thanks for listening.....