I was scheduled for an abatement on tues to help with A Fib . They did a new echo to see the heart and found more fluid!
The doctor said he would have to go back in and reopen it, putting a pump to drain off the fluid. When I was under and he cut me open, he drained off 500 ml and more was coming. Something was wrong! He cut me all the way open an reopened my sternum. He found a small puncture in my right ventricle.
So........I am still here and I am still alive! I survived TWO open heart surgeries!
I appreciate everyone's encouraging remarks and support.
Journal posted on June 30, 2018
The truth is......this is now day 8 post surgery....and I am still in the hospital. The new valve is working great......but my heart is having a hard time getting "dialed in". It keeps going out of rhythm. I have to have another procedure on Tuesday to try to zap it's electrical pulses into rhythm. Good grief!
Everything is set for surgery tomorrow at 7:30am. I know there will a lot of discomfort, but so looking forward to feeling better! Thank you all for your thought, prayers, and great advice! See you after surgery!
The surgery has been postponed until June 22nd. I have a major dental issue going on! It seems that when 2 root canals that were done over 20 years ago......a root was missed......on TWO teeth!!! So I have to get them "retreated". Phase 1 of the pretreatment process is done. Phase 2 will be done next week.
Met with the surgeon yesterday. He is really nice. He discussed valve options with me. We chose a cow valve as opposed to a mechanical valve. He also said my aorta is "dilated"......and he may need to support it with a cloth tube so it doesn't get larger. Not sure what this means, but i will have to do some research. Thank you for following along on my journey!