Patient Webinar Announced: “Advances in Mitral Valve Surgery” with Dr. Joanna Chikwe & Me!
Written By: Adam Pick, Patient Advocate, Author & Website Founder
Published: November 9, 2021
[Update: Great News! The “Advances in Mitral Valve Surgery” webinar with Dr. Chikwe from Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, and Wendy Spector, a recent mitral valve repair patient, was a wonderful and very interactive session with over 350 patient registrations. You can now watch the webinar video playback at this link.]
I’m excited to announce that our LIVE and FREE patient education events continue this Thursday, November 11 at 6pm EST, with a special webinar, “Advances in Mitral Valve Surgery”. The featured speakers are Dr. Joanna Chikwe, the Chair of Cardiac Surgery at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, the #3 ranked heart hospital according to U.S. News & World Report, Wendy Spector, a mitral valve patient, and me.
During this online event, you will learn answers to important questions including:
- What is mitral valve disease? How does it progress? What are the symptoms? What are the risks?
- What are the different techniques used to repair or replace a diseased mitral valve?
- Why should patients know about the advantages of mitral valve repair?
- How are new minimally-invasive and non-invasive devices helping patients? How might new clinical trials transform the future of mitral valve treatment?
- What actionable advice does Dr. Chikwe have for patients with mitral valve disease?
We will also have an interactive “Questions & Answers” session where YOU can ask your questions to Dr. Chikwe. This is going to be great!
Keep on tickin!