Met with my cardiologist today to discuss results of the halter monitor and my echo from last week. He says my EF is still 65% and the status of my leaky valve has not changed (still severe but not any worse.) He says because I otherwise feel so well (tolerate exercise fine, no swelling, no shortness of breath, etc.) that he hesitates to recommend replacing the valve yet. He is still having me see an electrophysiology cardiologist Monday just to be sure about the NSVTs I am having. At this time, my cardiologist is not recommending an ablation or medication change. Basically, just have to live with it for now.
This past Friday I had to take a trip to the ER to be evaluated as I was feeling more (and stronger) PVCs than usual. I usually have only noticed hem if eating higher carb foods, sugar, etc but I have been eating well. I wasn’t sure if it was stress/anxiety or what but I am still having them almost a week later. Saw the cardiologist yesterday and tomorrow I will have a halter monitor placed for 48 hours and also repeating my echo (last one was September 2017) to check for heart enlargement (doctor said that my severe insufficiency and regurgitation can cause enlargement which can cause PVCs.) Anyone else with Aortic Stenosis, Bi-cuspid valance, insufficiency, etc experience this? I have no other heart failure symptoms.
New to posting here but have been following on FB off/on. I am 28 years old and have Aortic Stenosis with Aortic Regurgitation. I have had to valvuloplasties in the past but it looks like it is finally time to start thinking about valve replacement per my most recent Echo (shows gradient of 39 and valve area of 1.00.) I have 2 children but my husband and I desire a 3rd and am hoping to find someone on here who has had a similar situation or decision to make in regards to valve replacement type and/or having children or not after. Also, if anyone is from IN their input on a surgeon that could help me with this decision would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!