Patient Webinar: “Advances in COVID-19 & Heart Valve Therapy” with Dr. Chikwe, Dr. Burkle, John & Me
By Adam Pick on August 20, 2020
[Update: Great news! The “Advances in COVID-19 & Heart Valve Therapy” webinar held on August 27, 2020 was an extraordinary success with 287 patients connected in real-time. You can now download a free eBook or watch the video recording of the webinar at this link.]
I’m excited to share that our LIVE and FREE patient education events continue next Thursday, August 27, with a special “Advances in COVID-19 & Heart Valve Therapy” webinar. Featured speakers include Dr. Joanna Chikwe, Chair of the Department of Cardiac Surgery in the Smidt Heart Institute of Cedars-Sinai, Dr. Jaime Burkle, Clinical Manager of the Piedmont Heart Perimeter Office, and John Roland, a heart valve patient treated during COVID-19.
During this special online event, we will answer important questions including:
- What is the newest research about COVID-19 and its impact on the heart and heart valves?
- Are patients with heart valve disease at more or less risk for getting infected with COVID-19?
- Why and how should patients actively monitor heart valve disease symptoms during COVID-19?
- What are the risks (and potential health emergencies) for patients who delay seeking treatment for heart valve disease?
- What new safety protocols have hospitals implemented to ensure the safety of heart valve patients during COVID-19?
We will also have a live “Questions & Answers” session where YOU can ask your questions LIVE to Dr. Chikwe, Dr. Burkle and John.
This webinar is co-sponsored by Medtronic & Abbott.
Keep on tickin!