I have been to the CC in Cleveland been through all the testing and I have some mild calcification in my femoral artery where the cannulation would be for the heart lung bypass. So I was not recommended for robotic surgery. I either need to have a full sternotomy or find another way to perform the repair. Im so frustrated. At this point I would just be happy to get a valve repair by a surgeon that has a lot of mitral valve repair experience. Its very difficult to find one in Florida. I can travel but have to take off work.
Well I am home. I have to decide what I want to do next. I have to do a full stenatomy. But I am going to try to get it done closer to home. I have some time yet but running short. I really did not have a plan B. So I'm in Florida and I will do my best to find a great surgeon. I don't want to stay in a hotel 1000s of miles from home healing. I want to be a few hours from home. If anyone could recommend someone in Florida would be great.
Well now what do I do. I traveled 1200 miles and can't have the robotic mitral repair. I have some calcium in my femoral artery that's an additional risk factor for stroke. I can't do the full sternotomy because I didn't allow for the additional healing time. Back to square 1.
I am getting closer and more anxious have talked myself out of canceling my appoint sever times. I reviewed a calcium score that I had on my heart in 2015 and it was only on one coronary my LAD and it was a score of 53 all others were zero. So I'm glad that it was reported as mild minimal stenosis. I am sure my heart cath will go well knowing that my score is low. I am anxious of the breathing tube because I tend to hold my breath for some reason. I have gained 15 lbs since last August. I have seen most of Dr Gillinov videos on youtube and I know he is a great surgeon. I hope the Robotic procedure helps me recover sooner so I can get my life back and stop worrying about my health. I had thought of letting my valve just be as it is and see how long I could go but then realized I could have an emergency and be in a lot worse shape. I had a gallbladder removed and it was outpatient. I know thats like an ingrown toe nail compaired to open heart. well I intend to just keep updating as I go. I haven booked my room yet cause I could talk myself out of it at any time so Ill wait till I am in the car on the road before i book. would love to here from anyone that is going through this.