2 months ago today I had AVR. I am feeling great. No shortness of breath or chest pain. I am able to do most activities that I enjoy. I am still healing so I do have aches and pains here and there but otherwise I feel great. God is good all the time!
last Echo was worse than the others. I have been having increased shortness of breath and angina. I had a TEE done and ct scans of my vessels. Then I met with the valve team at Rex hospital. The surgeon has scheduled surgery for the 9th. I will have another cardiac cath done on the 1st. I hope I have less groin pain this time!
I was comfortable with the surgeon and asked him lots of questions. So, we move forward.
I saw Dr. Landvater yesterday. He said that he wants to wait awhile before replacing the valve. The gradient pressure between the L ventricle and the Aorta is not high enough for him to do the surgery yet. He told me that as soon as he replaces the valve the clock starts ticking on how long it will last. I will need the valve replaced but not yet, So I can get through the Holidays without worrying about this. He wants another echo in 3 months. I am so relieved!
I have not felt well since the heart cath on Tuesday. The insertion sites in my groin feel tight and ache. They also hurt when I sit down. I also seem to have more little episodes of chest pain.
I do not like this feeling at all!
I would like to hear from those of you that have had a heart cath to see if you had the same problems post cath. I also have rheumatoid arthritis so this may be a flare starting as well. I am trying to stay positive but this is not helping at all.
Cardiac cath is done. My arteries are all clear. Doc said 40% or severe aortic stenosis. So the surgeon will be calling me this week. I guess things are starting to move further ahead. Not sure I feel about that!
Thank you all for your prayers concerning the test today. It went smooth, no problems. I also had a chest x-ray and pulmonary lung function tests. Now I am home resting on the couch.
Cardiac cath is scheduled for 7 am tomorrow, I pray that there are not blockages that need to be corrected. I guess this means things are progressing towards surgery. I am a little nervous but just want it over with. Waiting is the worst. God is good and he is in control.
I met with my cardiologist on Monday, 9-8-14. Since I have been experiencing jaw pain and heaviness in my chest on exertion he is scheduling a cardiac cath, dopplar studies of my carotid arteries and pulmonary function tests. I am trying to hold out until October so that I may take a planned trip to visit with my oldest son and his family. I asked for the numbers on the echo and it is now 0.6, down from the last ECHO. I am feeling very calm about this whole thing. I guess it does not seem real yet!