Thank you all for your support. I have a wonderful update! I did ask my cardiologist for another surgeon. I was NOT about to wait. He referred me to Dr. Katz. He performed valve replacement, by pass and carotid repair 9 years ago for my husband. He is awesome. I feel so blessed. Long story short, I met with him last week and he recommends open heart to replace the valve and repair the aneurysm at the same time, instead of waiting for it to get any larger. He has a new partner joining him from NY June 14th. I will see this Dr. (Kokotos) on the 15th because he specializes in a less invasive (smaller incision) approach. It's still open heart but he can do everything with a smaller incision. I am beyond grateful and feel very good about this. I'm sure he will schedule the surgery the day of my appointment.
I am a nervous wreck. I had a heart catherization done on Friday the 21st. Thank God I had no blockages to further complicate the valve replacement . My cardiologist said that I need to have the surgery done sooner than later because I have severe aortic stenosis and I also have an aortic aneurysm. I am experiencing chest pain and tightness all the time. The surgeon is going on vacation and cannot see me until July!
Is this something that is ok to wait for? I am trying to stay calm and was told no physical activity.
Has anyone else experienced this? Should I be going to the emergency room? I really scared.