The New ‘Valve Clinic Directory’ Section Of Our Website!
By Adam Pick on May 17, 2012
Over the past year, I have spoke with many of you about the different ways in which we could improve this website. Many of the comments I received went something like this…
- “It would be great if there was a section about the hospitals.”
- “Why don’t you have clinic profiles like you have surgeon profiles?”
- “It’s great that you have educational materials about heart valve disease and treatment. It also helps that you have information about the surgeons. But, what about the hospitals? You should connect the dots… Build a section of the website all about the cardiac centers.”
As many of you know, I really appreciate your feedback. The more I thought about your comments, the more I became inspired to take action. That said, I’m very excited to introduce you to our new Heart Valve Clinics section.
This section of the website features the clinics that specialize in heart valve treatment. To start, we are incredibly lucky to be featuring several sponsors including Cleveland Clinic, Mount Sinai, Brigham & Women’s Hospital, Sequoia Heart Hospital, Florida Hospital Cardiovascular Institute and USC. Coming soon, we will also feature Northwestern Memorial Hospital.
Our new ‘Clinic Profile Application’ enables you to:
- Go on a virtual tour of the cardiac clinics (using either pictures or a video)
- Learn about the hospitals
- Meet surgeons that specialize in valve therapy
- See patient success stories
- Download surgical outcomes (if available)
- Contact the clinic coordinators
- Get additional information including insurance, external links, location, maps, etc.
I forgot to mention… You can even download a ‘Cardiac Clinic Guide’ in PDF format so that you can print the interesting details of each cardiac center. Here’s an example of the download guide for Brigham and Women’s Hospital:
Again, this is a brand new section of the website. We only have a handful of cardiac centers participating in this section so far. However, I’m very hopeful this further educates and empowers you through the heart valve surgery process.
If you like, please send your constructive criticisms about this new section to firstname.lastname@example.org. Or, leave a comment below. I’d love to hear what you think about this new educational section of our website.
Keep on tickin!