Hoag Memorial Hospital Joins Our Community!
Written By: Adam Pick, Patient Advocate, Author & Website Founder
Published: December 6, 2021
I am excited to announce that the Jeffrey M. Carlton Heart & Vascular Institute at Hoag Memorial Hospital Presbyterian just became the newest sponsor of HeartValveSurgery.com.
Led by Anthony Caffarelli, M.D., Director of Hoag Cardiovascular Surgery, and Natesa Pandian, M.D., an internationally recognized cardiologist with valve and echocardiogram expertise, the Nancy & Bill Thompson Heart Valve Center at Hoag utilizes sophisticated technology and a highly trained physician team to accurately diagnosis and treat heart valve conditions.
With more than 25 years of experience in heart valve surgery, the Nancy & Bill Thompson Heart Valve Center at Hoag provides patients:
- State-of-the-art screening including an early detection program
- Advanced imaging capabilities
- Ground-breaking medical management and surgical procedures for aortic valve repair, aortic valve replacement, TAVR, mitral valve repair, mitral valve replacement and robotic mitral valve surgery
In 2021-2022, Hoag was named a “High Performing Hospital” for aortic valve surgery by U.S. News & World Report. Specific to mitral valve disease, the cardiovascular surgery team at Hoag repairs more heart valves than 90 percent of all cardiac programs in the nation on an annual basis.
Hoag’s Heart Valve Microsite Launches!
To help educate the patients at HeartValveSurgery.com about Hoag and its approach to all forms of surgical and interventional valve therapies, we just launched a new Hoag microsite at this link.
Many Thanks Hoag!
On behalf of our patient and caregiver community, many thanks to the entire Hoag team for supporting this website, our community and our educational initiatives!
- Explore Hoag’s New Heart Valve Hospital Microsite
- Thanks to Dr. Caffarelli and Tom Everson, I Get a New Heart
- See Dr. Anthony Caffarelli’s Interactive Surgeon Profile
Keep on tickin!