Patient Webinar: Surgical vs. Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement
Written By: Adam Pick, Patient Advocate, Author & Website Founder
Published: June 28, 2021
I’m excited to announce that our LIVE and FREE patient education events continue this Thursday, July 1, with a special webinar, “Surgical vs. Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement: What Should Patients Know?” Featured speakers include Dr. Charles Davidson, Professor of Cardiology, and Dr. Chris Malaisrie, Professor of Cardiac Surgery, at Northwestern Medicine. This one-hour webinar will start at 5pm CST.
During this online event, you will learn answers to important questions including:
- What should patients know about the diagnosis and progression of aortic valve disease?
- When is surgery recommended for valvular conditions including aortic stenosis and aortic regurgitation?
- What are the key considerations for patients considering surgical aortic valve replacement (SAVR)?
- What is transcatheter aortic valve replacement (TAVR)? How are non-invasive TAVR devices impacting heart valve surgery?
- How do cardiologists and surgeons work together to determine whether SAVR or TAVR is best for the patient?
- How might SAVR and TAVR techniques advance in the future?
We will also have a live “Questions & Answers” session where YOU can ask your questions to Dr. Davidson and Dr. Malaisrie.
Keep on tickin!