New HeartValveSurgeon.com Website Now Live!
By Adam Pick on December 17, 2009
I’m very, very, very excited to announce that the new Heart Valve Surgeon Database (Version 2.0) is going public today. You will quickly note there are several advanced features of the database including:
- A completely revised look (shown below). I found a web design team that made the database incredibly easy for patients and caregivers to use.
- Over 470 surgeon profiles!!! Thanks to your contributions, the database now has surgeon reviews from patients in 25+ countries around the world.
- New surgical procedure descriptions. On the “Search Surgeons” page, we created pop-up windows which describe the different types of heart valve surgery.
- A new, easy-to-remember domain name. You can now access the database directly at www.HeartValveSurgeons.com. And, if you look above, you will notice a permanent link to “Heart Valve Surgeon Database” is at the top of every page in this blog.
- Special Featured Surgeon page. Each month, we are going to feature one surgeon that you nominate.
- Interactive Listings for heart valve surgeons. Now, sponsor surgeons have interactive buttons which read “Learn More” and “Contact Surgeon”. The Learn More buttons hyperlink to dedicated, surgeon profile pages which provide patients with biographical information, educational videos and more. Also, patients and caregivers can now contact surgeons directly through special Contact Surgeon buttons.
Thanks again to all the former patients that contributed your surgeon profiles to the database! And, a special thanks to all the heart valve surgeons (Dr. Gillinov, Dr. Starnes, Dr. Paul Stelzer, Dr. Gaudiani, Dr. Chitwood, Dr. Stewart, Dr. Massimiano, Dr. Khan, Dr. Adams, etc.) for your ideas and support of this project!
Because of our combined efforts, I believe the Heart Valve Surgeon Database will continue to grow and help patients all over the world.
Keep on tickin!