About Dr. Eric Roselli,
Heart Valve Surgeon
Hello! My name is Dr. Eric Roselli and I am a cardiac surgeon having graduated from Loyola University Stritch School of Medicine - Chicago, Illinois in 1997. To date, I have performed approximately 5,000 cardiac surgeries, of which 3,000 involved heart valve procedures. I regularly perform surgery at Cleveland Clinic. Read more...
I believe my greatest strength is my broad training and experience in both complex open and catheter based therapies allows me to provide my patients the most comprehensive approach to their heart disease and their entire cardiovascular system.
And, I truly care about my patients and their families.
19 Patient Reviews for
"My husband and I were very, very impressed with Dr. Roselli. He is very down to earth with a great bedside manner. "
-- Denise Kirchner, heart valve surgery patient
"Dr. Roselli is awesome. Great surgeon and excellent people skills. I had serious complications and he fixed me! My surgery was supposed to be 5 hours and due to complications it was 10 hours. Complications that no one was aware of but he is very talented and took the time needed to correct the issues that arose. I highly recommended Dr. Roselli! "
-- Tim Miller, Aortic Valve, Valve Replacement, Median Sternotomy, Root Replacement, Ross Procedure, 07/30/2019
-- Evelyn King, Aortic Valve, Valve Repair, Root Replacement, 02/25/2019
-- Scott Bascue, Aortic Valve, Root Replacement, David Procedure, 07/12/2018
-- Bill Isner, Aortic Valve, Valve Replacement, Median Sternotomy, Root Replacement, 11/08/2017
-- John Dobry, Aortic Valve, Valve Replacement, Median Sternotomy, 05/09/2017
-- Sharon Kinslow, Aortic Valve, Valve Replacement, Median Sternotomy, Root Replacement, 01/05/2017
-- WR Henderson, Aortic Valve, Valve Replacement, 12/07/2016
-- Shequita Givan, Aortic Valve, Root Replacement, 09/13/2016
-- Michael Engle, Aortic Valve, David Procedure, 04/12/2016
Our surgeon of choice was Dr. Eric Roselli. He was our third surgical opinion and as the saying goes, the third time is a charm! Dr. Roselli is a gentleman and a scholar! He has an excellent skill set as a cardiac surgeon ("great plumber") and just as importantly, he has great interpersonal skills. He is patient, kind and bright with a great sense of humor, willing to answer all of the questions my husband and I had in a graceful manner.
After the surgery, he again spoke to my husband and family to inform them of my condition and how the surgery went. The same evening of my surgery, the breathing tube was removed. The next morning, I was out of bed in a chair and later discharged to the telemetry unit in a spacious private room where my husband could stay with me overnight in a pullout futon bed!
My pain, which was minimal, was controlled with a Fentanyl PCA pump and then with oral pills. I was discharged exactly one week from my date of surgery. I had a great experience throughout!
Again, once home, I rarely had to take pain meds. Full 9 inch sternotomy scar healed with self absorbing hidden sutures that did NOT have to be removed. Cardiac hotline available 24/7 with RNs and doctors to answer and treat any concerns that may arise once you are discharged home.
Dr. Roselli and his experienced medical and nursing team thoroughly impressed me! (I am a nursing professional myself!) I highly recommend Dr. Eric Roselli and The Cleveland Clinic without reservation! Put yourself in the best place and in the best hands! #1 in cardiac care in the nation since 1995! The outcomes are published!"
-- Yvonne Gottlieb, Aortic Valve, Valve Replacement, Median Sternotomy, 04/15/2015
-- Cynthia Jenkins, Aortic Valve, Valve Repair, David Procedure, 04/29/2014
-- Katherine Roark, Aortic Valve, Valve Repair, 02/08/2013
-- Silviu Golumbeanu, Aortic Valve, Valve Replacement, Mini Sternotomy, 12/06/2012
-- Mark Ridder, Aortic Valve, Valve Replacement, Mini-Thoracotomy / Port Access, 11/07/2012
-- Matt Miller, Aortic Valve, Valve Repair, Mini Sternotomy, Root Replacement, 10/13/2011
-- John Carr, Aortic Valve, Valve Replacement, Mini Sternotomy, 05/25/2011
-- Alvin Foland, Aortic Valve, Valve Replacement, Median Sternotomy, 05/25/2010
-- Jim Nelson, Aortic Valve, Valve Replacement, 04/07/2009
-- Helen Holmes, Aortic Valve, Valve Replacement, 01/17/2006
My Specialities &
My heart surgery specialties include:
- Surgery for thoracic aortic aneurysm
- Minimally invasive and transcatheter heart valve surgery
- High-risk reoperation surgery
In addition, I have research and clinical interests specific to:
- Least invasive and transcatheter valve procedures, transcatheter aortic valve replacement
- High risk and redo valve surgery
- Aortic aneurysms and dissection associated with valve disease (Bicupsid aortic valves)
Education, Training & Certificates
Dr. Eric Roselli, heart surgeon, graduated from Loyola University Stritch School of Medicine - Chicago, Illinois in 1997.
After medical school, Dr. Roselli completed a Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery Residency at the Cleveland Clinic in 2002.
Dr. Roselli is board certified for Thoracic and Cardiac Surgery. During his career, Dr. Roselli has received several acknowledgments and awards including:
* 2015: Dwight C. McGoon Award from the Thoracic Surgery Residents Association (Teacher of the Year, national) * 2008, 2011: Bruce W. Lytle Master Clinical Instructor Award (Teacher of the Year, departmental) * 2005: Dr. Charles H. Bryan Annual Award for Clinical Excellence in Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery, Cleveland Clinic
with Dr. Eric Roselli, MD
To schedule an appointment with Dr. Roselli, you can:
- Call (866) 306-5846 right now
- Request an appointment by clicking here.
The office of Dr. Roselli is located at 9500 Euclid Avenue, Cleveland, OH 44195. To get driving directions to this office, please click the map below.
> Click for driving directions to Dr. Roselli’s office.
News & Online References Featuring Dr. Eric Roselli
Here is the latest news featuring Dr. Eric Roselli:
- Facebook Live with Dr. Eric Roselli!
- Surgeon Q&A: Valve-in-Valve for Small Tissue Valves
- Technology Update: Sutureless Valve Gets FDA Approval
- Can My Aortic Valve Be Spared During Aneurysm Surgery?
- What Should Patients Know About the Big Red Pillows?
- Surgical Innovations: Bicuspid Aortic Valves & Aortic Aneurysms
- COVID-19 Blood Shortage: What Should Patients Know?
- Expert Surgeon Profile: Eric Roselli, MD, at Cleveland Clinic in Cleveland, Ohio
- Heart Valve Experts Support HeartValveSurgery.com Patient Community
- Ari & Dr. Eric Roselli Form Special Heart Valve Surgery Bond
Page last updated: April 24, 2021