I'm having difficulty making up my mind when to have surgery. Since I had the episode during the heart catheterization coronary artery disease tear getting stints on February 29th. Now being on Plavix. It scares me to wait too long. But it scares me to have to stop the Plavix so soon for the surgery. Increases risk. All the doctors basically leave it up to me. I don't know what to do.
Week ago Friday when I had complications during heart cath and my coronary artery had a tear and caused heart attack. Ever since I think that has worsened how I feel. No energy at all. Having some second thoughts about putting off surgery until June.
I was seen by surgeon on Tuesday. Set a date for surgery. Sounds kind of crazy but I'm an outdoor person and don't want to miss the Spring so we set it for June 2. The surgeon said I have a bicuspid Aortic valve. I was told that about 12 years ago by a cardiologist at the Heart Place in Dallas. I didn't realize it was difficult to diagnose. Does anyone else have thoughts on the subject of bicuspid valve?
I'm new to the community. I have AS and waiting to see cardiologist to see when AVR will be scheduled. Found out my gradient has increased to 60. A little, a lot worried. Thinking about on-x minimal invasive. Any thoughts. Does anyone know about these gradients or has been to Heart Hospital Baylor Plano Tx? Any info or thoughts appreciated.