As my rescheduled surgery approaches, (January 30) I find myself full of anxiety about the sternal wires. I’m to undergo a mini sternotomy and asked about getting the sterna lock system. The response I received was that I could have it, but that I’d need the wires as well. Has anyone else experienced this?
Thanks in advance for sharing your experiences.
This morning I made the decision to postpone my surgery. I’ve been fighting a bad cold that dropped into my lungs for almost 2 weeks now. I’m still coughing uncontrollably at times, so it didn’t feel like I was well enough to undergo OHS. I certainly didn’t want to start off in a depleted state or complicate my recovery.
So now I’m filled with many emotions, relief (because of the concern about pneumonia), disappointment because I was emotionally ready for the procedure, and apprehension since I’m back in the “waiting” game all over again.
I’ll be assigned a new surgery date next week.
Thank you all for being here.
Will they postpone surgery if I still have a cold?
Journal posted on December 29, 2019
Tomorrow morning marks the one week countdown till surgery. I’m wondering, and quite honestly a bit concerned if it will be a go, because I’m fighting a terrible cold and have been working to get rid of it for almost a week now. I can’t take any supplements beginning tomorrow, so wondering if there will be a delay. Any thoughts or helpful suggestions are greatly appreciated.
As the holidays draw ever closer, I find my emotions changing on a daily basis. One day I feel confident about my surgery decisions, and the next day I find myself wishing it was a dream. This coming Monday will be the 2 week countdown, and I’m apprehensive and want to withdraw....not a good place for me to go. I need family and friends around me.
I so appreciate all the sharing here. You all help me more than you know. Thank you!