One month ago, I had a routine visit with my GP. He thought he heard something in me heart, and recommended I see a cardiologist. I have visited with one in Austin, and another in Houston, and they both seem to agree that valve repair is doable. I have met with a surgeon, and he was very reassuring. He has said waiting until after the Holidays should be no problem, but the sooner after the Holidays, the better. The largest issue I am having now is the wait...and the constant thinking about everything!