Because of all the issues I'm having with this website, I've decided to create a closed Facebook group. I hope everyone uses facebook, because that is the only place I will be posting updates going forward. https://www.facebook.com/groups/1389114158062805/
Sandra's Heart Valve journey is the name of the page. Please come over and request to join!!!!!
Four weeks today. I would be telling you a story if I said I wasn't nervous! My husband tells me he notices my increased anxiety. Probably so!
I've enjoyed my time off to "Breathe" while I prepare myself physically, mentally and emotionally.
It's been hard to come to grips that I even need surgery as I don't really have any major symptoms. However, I know that damage has already occurred and I don't want my condition to become an emergency. The hope is that current damage will repair and reverse its'self after surgery.
I found a wonderful support group called Mended Hearts. The chapter here meets every 4th Tuesday. I was thrilled to meet a room full of people that share in my journey. Additionally, I met an Cardiac RN nurse that is also the supervisor of the Cardiac Rehab that I will be going to.
Something to look forward to.
I Probably will not post again until we leave to drive to Cleveland on 12/1. Post Op will be on 12/2, with surgery on 12/3.
Thank you all for your continued prayers!
Love you all.
I survived all the grueling tests and the consult with Dr. Pettersson went very well. He confirmed that I do in fact need surgery. He also suggested that it could wait another year or two. However, waiting could cause additional damage to the heart. Based on the symptoms I'm currently having, I've decided to move forward with the surgery. I want the best outcome possible!
The plan: Repair Tricuspid Valve and close congenital heart murmur.
When: December 3, 2015
Where: Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland Ohio
I plan to be there 7-10 days
My sweet daddy and myself are flying out to Cleveland today.
We will be consulting with my surgeon of choice at Cleveland Clinic.
I have to undergo some of their tests first. Like an MRI at 7am in the morning!
1:00pm Meet with the Surgeon! My husband will be joining us and we have our list of hard questions ready!
1:45 Endocrinologist (for my Hashimotos/Hypothyroid problems)
Full day of it!
By the end of the day, I'm sure I'll have a VERY clear understanding of the when, why, and how this will go down!
Email sent to all my Pet Sitting clients yesterday. Informing them of the news. It was a hard decision to make, but I know it was the right thing to do. I just hate letting them down :(
I received alot of sweet well wishes and many phone calls. I have the best clients!
Now, its time to focus on what's ahead and prepare for the best recovery possible!
Ok. Trying this again.
Have consults scheduled at CC and NW for September.
Have read every page of Adam's book.
Next big thing I need to do is send email to all my clients.
I might do that while we are camping at Huntington Beach!!!
Reading Adam Pick's book.
Have narrowed down top two surgeons and mailed all required test and CD's today.
Looking at possibly having Tricuspid valve repair surgery in December.
Getting mentally, and physically prepared.