My wait is over. My surgeon confirmed it’s time. It hasn’t been quite 6 months since my last Echo but things have progressed. So I guess my time is here. Very nervous but working to get myself together.
I went for my Echo on February 8, 2018 and I had a follow up visit with my surgeon on February 12, 2018. I got kinda good news. We have decided that I will continue to wait on my surgery. My surgeon was concerned with the fact I am only 63 and a mechanical valve is what they decide for patients in my age group. To keep from having a 2nd surgery later in life due to the life span of a tissue valve. I am not at the point that this needs to be done right now. I will repeat the Echo in 6 months to reevaluate my Aorta Stenosis. I really want to take this time and check out mortality status for other surgeons in my area. I haven't been able to confirm the one I was sent to. I like everyone else want a good outcome. Prayers for all continuing on with their surgeries.
On Dec 4, 2017 I had a appointment at my PCP and my NP observed a heart murmur which she stated was very loud. I was asked if I would consent to having a Echocardiogram. I consented. The Echo was performed and the next day I received the report of the Echo which indicated moderate to severe Aorta Stenosis. I was scheduled an appointment with a Vascular Surgeon at VCU in Richmond Va on January 8, 2018. On that day butI had my 1st Doppler Test. On January 24, 2018 I had a Heart Cath. I am scheduled for another Echo on February 8, 2018. Then a follow up visit with my surgeon on the 12 of February. All of this is very new to me and I am extremely nervous.