Here's my story & I'm sticking to it :)
In April 2019, my GP discovered a heart murmur. Right away, I followed up with a cardiologist for an echo in my hometown in upstate N.Y. Much to my surprise, I was diagnosed with a aortic valve with moderate to severe regurgitation along with a aortic aneurysm slightly dilated at 3.9cm. and mild dilation of my LV.
Fast forward to April 2021, for my routine echo with my cardiologist in my residence state of Florida. He indicated the regurgitation had moved into severe and referred me for a surgeon consult. In early May the Florida surgeon offered me no minimally invasive options. I told him I was getting a second and maybe a third opinion and left his office.
Before the end of May, I was at the Cleveland Clinic and met with a 3rd cardiologist and my surgeon Dr. Johnston. The cardiologist indicated my heart had enlarged slightly. I was told I could wait until after some sept. social events I had planned. Dr. Johnston said I may get another 6 months or even a year . I decided to get it done as soon as possible before I develop symptoms and do even more damage to my heart. Surgery is 7/22/21, earlier in the week I have a lot of pre-op tests and meet again with Dr. Johnston 2 days before surgery to finalize the plan. Hopefully No surprises !
More Info About Me & My Heart
More About Me
I am from:
My surgery date is:
July 22, 2021
I was diagnosed with: