I'm Rose, Harold's wife, & I'm writing this, to share the wonderful experience we had at the Cleveland Clinic. Harold had moderate Congestive Heart Failure, & being both MD's, we were not happy with treatment here,
1. Through research, we learned Dr Bruce Lindsay, who took care of Harold at Barnes, was now head of Electrophysiology at CC. Dr Lindsay did successful ablation for arrhythmias, then referred us to:
2. Dr Richard Krasuski, Head of Adult Congenital Heart Disase at CC. He did cardiac caths (Dr Krasuski is the one coordinating Harold's treatments, and he is very knowledgeable, skilled & a wonderful human being), then referred Harold to:
3. Dr Gosta Peterson. Successful surgery performed by Dr Peterson. Pulmonary valve put in & Tricuspid annuloplasty done 01/17/2012!
4. Excellent care from all 3 Doctors & staff. Harold is now almost 7 weeks after surgery, & he is doing really well except for some Atrial Fibrillation (80% of cardiac surgery get this), so he's on Coumadin.
5. Harold celebrated a birthday on March 5th, & he said,on his birthday last year, he thought he may not make it to this year. But he has, and his Quality of Life is much better, thanks to the 3 Doctors & their staff at CC!!