We lost him this week. I would tell everyone needing surgery to get it done asap and to meet with more than one surgeon. I wish we had never bothered with St. Luke's. If we had gotten a first opinion somewhere else or 5 more opinions at the same time, we would not have been stalled by a surgeon who couldn't be bothered to read a patient file, couldn't be bothered to speak to us as promised, and then failed to call us for 3 weeks due to "staff error" i can't describe how terrible it is to be ignored by a doctor for weeks, ignored again when they promise he will call that day and he doesn't, then have him asked in as an annoyed way as possible what you want before coldy telling you he doesn't want to operate and he knows that if he doesn't try then there is no chance. But he still refuses to try. Then he hangs up on you. PLEASE choose a good cardiologist who will recommend the best even if not in network, get more than 4 surgeon apts, and get it done before it is risky.
The first surgeon at St Luke's Milwaukee backed out and they neglected to tell us for three weeks. "Procedure mistake" We had to wait another month plus to even get a consult w two more surgeons. During which my dad hit his head in his neglectful bad nursing home and suddenly a week later something is very wrong, he is very sick, and in heart failure. You think you have time but thanks to some irresponsible third parties and apt wait times...you may not.
Hi. I am the daughter of a heart valve patient. We had not heard from the surgeon in 3 weeks. The cardiologist said the surgery must be done asap back in December so we knew we were short on time. He was only able to suggest one surgical group but in network. That surgical team wanted a ct before scheduling anything, but no word. He never called me back as promised yesterday and i was forced to call back today and wait for a call that coldly said that they had called us weeks ago (they had not) with the news that they were not willing to do it. Through research we know that there are at least 3 more surgeon teams within 45 minutes and we are trying for a second opinion.