Just got home from my appointment at the Cleveland Clinic. My cardiologist has put me on some new medication and wants to see if that will help with my symptoms. I do have to have another surgery....but he wants to wait until my tissues have healed more from the last surgery. When they do the next surgery they will be replacing my mechanical valve (mitral) that is now leaking only after 1 year. That valve will come out and put another in, put in a mechanical valve in for the leaking aortic valve, and repair the tricuspid valve. So the main goal is to wait as long as possible for the next surgery with the hopes that these will hold. If not it will be transplant time. But I am truly banking on only one last surgery!!!! Im relieved that I don't have to put my family on hold again this summer. If all goes well, maybe 6 or more months from now we'll deal with it! Thanks to everyone for your concerns and PRAYERS!!! Our God does listen!
I am really thankful for all your well-wishes and words of encouragement! My mind is going a million miles a minute and I'm having a hard time focusing on anything. I'm really looking forward to some insight and answers on Wednesday! I am hoping for best case scenario is that they will be able fix what I have, worst case scenario is transplant.....I just don't know. 3rd case would be "sorry but we mixed your echo up with someone elses....you're just fine, see you in a year to check up." aaaggghhhh, i have a headache!
Does anyone know how many mechanical valves can a persons have??? If I have 3 of 4 that are bad, I'm not finding any research out there on this subject. I'm just praying they will be able to fix what I have and not have to consider a transplant. I'm going to get some answers in a few days I hope. Thanks to everyone for your thoughts, prayers and concerns!