Aortic Valve Replacement Video
At the request of my readers and blog subscribers, I am going to start posting heart valve surgery videos at this website to help patients and caregivers better understand what happens before, during and after a heart valve repair or heart valve replacement surgery.
In this particular video, Dr. Svensson and Dr. Pettersson from the Cleveland Clinic discuss two types of aortic valve surgery.
- Aortic valve replacement surgery in which the diseased aortic valve that suffers from stenosis or regurgitation is replaced with a mechanical or biological tissue valve.
- Aortic valve repair surgery in which the valve is reconstructed -- either the annulus or leaflets -- to enhance valvular function.
You May Also Like
- Watch 100+ Educational Videos About Heart Valve Disease & Treatment
- Get Inspired Watching Patient Success Story Videos
- Find Surgeons that Specialize in Aortic Valve Surgery
- Download 10+ Free Educational eBooks for Heart Valve Patients
Page last upated: January 14, 2019