About Dr. Isaac George,
Heart Valve Surgeon
Hello! My name is Dr. Isaac George and I am a cardiac surgeon having graduated from Duke University School of Medicine in 2001. To date, I have performed approximately over 10,000 cardiac surgeries, of which over 6,000 involved heart valve procedures. I regularly perform surgery at Columbia University Medical Center. Read more...
16 Patient Reviews for
"I received an aortic heart valve replacement, a condition I put off for years. Dr. Isaac George would be my third opinion. Dr. George was extremely detailed in his explanation of the surgery.
The procedure of the surgery itself went as smoothly as it was explained to me and the after care I received was outstanding and informative. From the doctors to the nursing staff I could not have asked for a better experience for a very scary condition.
The surgery was a success and my recovery ❤️🩹 could not have turned out better. Within 48 hours, I was on my feet and walking. I highly recommend Dr. Isaac George, his surgical team and the staff at NY Columbia/ Presbyterian Hospital."
-- Jun Shouse, Aortic Valve, Valve Replacement, 09/13/2023
"Dr. George was extremely helpful before and after surgery. Explained everything in a clear and concise manner."
-- Carol Cohn, Mitral Valve, Valve Replacement, 04/13/2023
My Specialities &
My heart surgery specialties include:
- Valve Surgery: Aortic, Mitral, and Tricuspid Repair and Replacement (Standard and Minimally Invasive), Transcatheter Valve Surgery (TAVR): Percutaneous, TransAortic, Transapical Approach for Aortic and Mitral valve disease
- Aortic Aneurysm Surgery: Aortic Root, Aortic Arch, and Endovascular Hybrid Thoracic Aortic Stenting
- Hybrid Surgery: Valve+PCI, Robotic MIDCAB+PCI, Complex Reoperative Valve+PCI
In addition, I have research and clinical interests specific to:
- Myostatin Dependent Regulation of Cardiomyocyte Growth and Atrophy Signaling
- TGF-Beta regulation and Signaling in Patients with Non-Syndromic Aortic Aneurysms
- Mechanisms of valve calcification in Surgical versus Transcatheter Valve Replacement
Education, Training & Certificates
Dr. Isaac George, heart surgeon, graduated from Duke University School of Medicine in 2001.
After medical school, Dr. George completed an extensive 10-year training program in surgery, cardiac surgery and interventional cardiology. From 2001 to 2008, Dr. George completed an Internship, a General Surgery Residency, and a Cardiothoracic Surgery Residency at New York Presbyterian Hospital - Columbia University Medical Center in New York.
Then, Dr. George was a Post-Doctoral Clinical Fellow in Cardiothoracic Surgery and a Fellow in Cardiothoracic Surgery at New York Presbyterian Hospital - Columbia University Medical Center from 2008 to 2010. To broaden his cardiac specialties, Dr. George completed a Ventricular Assist Device/Cardiac Transplant Fellowship, Minimally Invasive Cardiac Surgery, in 2011, and an Interventional Cardiology / Hybrid Cardiac Surgery Fellowship at New York Presbyterian Hospital - Columbia in 2012.
In July, 2012, Dr. George became an Assistant Professor of Surgery and later an Assistant Professor of Medicine. In 2019, Dr. George was promoted to Associate Professor of Surgery.
Dr. George is board certified by the American Board of Surgery and the American Board of Thoracic Surgery.
During his career, Dr. George has received numerous honors and awards including:
* Duke University Comprehensive Cancer Center Fellowship * Pi Tau Sigma, Mechanical Engineering Honor Society * New Era Cardiac Surgery Conference Scholarship (2004) * Blakemore Award - Best Resident Research Award, Columbia University- College of Physicians and Surgeons (2006, 2007, 2008)
with Dr. Isaac George, MD
To schedule an appointment with Dr. George, you can:
- Call (516) 259-6953 right now
- Request an appointment by clicking here.
The office of Dr. George is located at 177 Fort Washington Avenue, New York City, NY 10032. To get driving directions to this office, please click the map below.
> Click for driving directions to Dr. George’s office.
Watch Educational Video with Dr. Isaac George
Learn about heart valve surgery from Dr. George in this video:
Stroke Risk & Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement (TAVR) with Dr. Isaac George
News & Online References Featuring Dr. Isaac George
Here is the latest news featuring Dr. Isaac George:
Page last updated: November 7, 2023