Heading for surgery at the Cleveland Clinic 0n Dec 14
Journal posted on November 23, 2012
Hi to all of you out there,
It took me almost two years to decide to have this surgery. At first I decided to postpone it unless I develop symptoms or if my aneurysm was getting bigger.
The aneurysm get a bit bigger but I still decided to wait. But two weeks ago I started to have some symptoms, just a little bit out of breath. It was teh first time in my life i had to stop talking when walking then had to stop walking for a few seconds to catch my breath. I thought, now I need to go in.
I'm worried like all of you but I'm trying to be positive. I have a 16 yo daughter, I wish I could postpone this surgery until she goes to college but I'm sure it is never a good time to have open heart surgery.
My bicuspid aortic valve is stenotic and i have a 4.6-4.8 aneurysm in the ascending aorta and I'm barely five ft. I chose Dr.Svensson at the CCF, I'll get there on the 11 to start the preop. Well, I'm still waiting for my health insurance to go out of network.
I'll keep you posted.
Please send any advise you have: what to bring to the hospital, what to expect, please any recommendations are very welcome.
Thank you to all and to you,Adam.
I know there are many, many stories of patients and their families who went or are going through teh same medical diagnosis. I'm so happy to know all of you are out there. I feel like I have a big family of supporters. Your stories and Adam's book make me feel like I am not alone. Please, give me all advice you have for a new patient with surgery in a very near future. Thank you so much. Maria