About Dr. Sebastian Pagni,
Heart Valve Surgeon
Hello! My name is Dr. Sebastian Pagni and I am a cardiac surgeon having graduated from School of Medicine at National University of La Plata, Buenos Aires, Argentina in 1989. To date, I have performed approximately 6,500 cardiac surgeries, of which over 3,500 involved heart valve procedures. I regularly perform surgery at hospitals including Baptist Health Louisville and Baptist Health Floyd. Read more...
I believe my greatest strength is my broad training in all aspects of cardiac surgery and familiarity with all operations available for the treatment of heart valve disease.
3 Patient Reviews for
"Dr. Pagni did not crack my chest which made my recovery time much shorter. An excellent doctor."
-- Carolyn Koons, Mitral Valve, Tricuspid Valve, Valve Repair, Valve Replacement, Robotic Surgery, Maze Procedure, 02/10/2018
"Dr. Sebastian Pagni was very personal. It seemed like he was really interested in getting me well. Dr. Pagni was really impressed that I had done quite a bit of research. "
-- Richard Hord, Mitral Valve, Valve Replacement, Mini-Thoracotomy / Port Access, 09/25/2011
-- Hayden Johnson, Aortic Valve, Valve Replacement, 08/31/2004
My Specialities &
My heart surgery specialties include:
- Aortic and mitral valve repair
- Complex mutli-valve surgery, re-operative surgery
- Aortic valve sparing root replacement, homografts
In addition, I have research and clinical interests specific to:
- Minimally invasive and transcatheter surgery including TAVR
- Complex multiple and re-operative valve repair
- Disease of the thoracic aorta
Education, Training & Certificates
Dr. Sebastian Pagni, heart surgeon, graduated from School of Medicine at National University of La Plata, Buenos Aires, Argentina in 1989.
After medical school, Dr. Pagni completed a General Surgery Residency in 1995 and was Chief Resident in General Surgery in 1996 at Yale University Hospital of Saint Raphael. Dr. Pagni completed a Fellowship in Cardiovascular Surgery at both the Instituto de Cardiologia Hospital Espanol de Buenos Aires in Argentina in 1999 and at the University of Louisville in Kentucky in 2001.
Dr. Pagni is board certified by the American Board of Surgery and the American Board of Thoracic Surgery.
During his career, Dr. Pagni has received many awards and special credentials including:
* Highest ABSITE score General Surgery Residency, Yale University Hospital of Saint Raphael (97 National percentile), 1992
* Gold Scalpel Award for Outstanding Resident, Yale University Hospital of Saint Raphael, 1995
* Best Cardiothoracic Surgeon in Louisville (coronary surgery), Louisville Magazine, 2020, 2021
* Best Outcomes for Cardiac Surgery in State of Indiana and Greater Louisville area, 2009, 2020
* 3 Stars CABG/CABG-AVR STS rating, Baptist Health Floyd Hospital, 2020
* 3 Stars CABG/CABG-AVR/MVR/CABG-MVR, 2020
* STS Surgeon Composite Quality Rating 96.8%, 2020, 2021
with Dr. Sebastian Pagni, MD
To schedule an appointment with Dr. Pagni, you can:
- Call (502) 317-0640 right now
- Request an appointment by clicking here.
The office of Dr. Pagni is located at 3900 Kresge Way, Suite 42, Louisville, KY 40207. To get driving directions to this office, please click the map below.
> Click for driving directions to Dr. Pagni’s office.
News & Online References Featuring Dr. Sebastian Pagni
Here is the latest news featuring Dr. Sebastian Pagni:
Page last updated: June 18, 2022