About Dr. Phillip Rowse,
Heart Valve Surgeon
Hello! My name is Dr. Phillip Rowse and I am a cardiac surgeon having graduated from Ross University School of Medicine in 2010. To date, I have performed approximately 1,500 cardiac surgeries, of which 500 involved heart valve procedures. I regularly perform surgery at hospitals including Mayo Clinic Hospital and Saint Marys Campus. Read more...
I believe my greatest strength is fostering relationships of trust and understanding which occurs when the needs of the individual (and their families) come first. This resolve allows patients to experience personalized and compassionate care as they prepare for and recover from cardiac surgery. Our team at Mayo Clinic is remarkably supportive and I am confident patients will feel and sense our commitment to them at every phase of care.
1 Patient Review for
"We appreciate more than words can express not only his wonderful surgical expertise but also all of the kindness he showed us both. We are grateful for his surgical team. I now feel better than I have felt for many years and have exceeded all of my physical therapy goals. May God bless you, Dr. Rowse, with a long and fulfilling career helping others as you have helped me."
-- Kathryn Barton, Mitral Valve, Valve Replacement, Maze Procedure, 05/19/2020
My Specialities &
My heart surgery specialties include:
- Robotic mitral and tricuspid valve repair
- Aortic valve procedures including TAVR
- Multiple arterial coronary bypass graft surgery, arrhythmia surgery including Maze procedure
In addition, I have research and clinical interests specific to:
- Clinical outcomes research
- Participation in national clinical trials
- Integrated clinical care studies
Education, Training & Certificates
Dr. Phillip Rowse, heart surgeon, graduated from Ross University School of Medicine in 2010.
After medical school, Dr. Rowse participated in a Joint General and Thoracic Surgery Residency at Mayo Graduate School of Medicine from 2010 through 2018. In 2014, Dr. Rowse completed a Surgical Simulation Fellowship at Mayo Clinic Multidisciplinary Simulation Center. Dr. Rowse was named Chief Resident of General Surgery in 2016 and Chief Resident of Thoracic Surgery in 2018 at Mayo School of Graduate Medical Education.
Dr. Rowse is board certified in both General Surgery and Thoracic and Cardiac Surgery.
During his career, Dr. Rowse has received several awards and acknowledgements including:
* April, 2020: Advanced Robotic Cardiac Surgery Fellowship Award
* 2021 - 2024: STS Workforce Member on E-Learning & Educational Innovation
* 2020 - 2023: STS Workforce Member on Coding and Reimbursement
* 2021 - 2024: STS Workforce Member on Health Policy, Reform, & Advocacy
* 2017: O.T. Clagett Travel Awards, O.T. Clagett Lectureship
with Dr. Phillip Rowse, MD
To schedule an appointment with Dr. Rowse, you can:
- Call (507) 710-3114 right now
- Request an appointment by clicking here.
The office of Dr. Rowse is located at 200 First Street SW, Rochester, MN 55905. To get driving directions to this office, please click the map below.
> Click for driving directions to Dr. Rowse’s office.
Page last updated: July 20, 2021