About Dr. Judson Williams,
Heart Valve Surgeon
Hello! My name is Dr. Judson Williams and I am a cardiac surgeon having graduated from Vanderbilt University Medical School in 2007. To date, I have performed approximately 3,000 cardiac surgeries, of which more than 2,000 involved heart valve procedures. I regularly perform surgery at WakeMed Raleigh Campus. Read more...
I believe my greatest strength is understanding the whole patient, patient's family and my commitment to every individual patient as if my own family member.
1 Patient Review for
"Dr Judson Williams was very thorough in why he chose a ministernotomy for my aortic valve replacement. We never felt like he talked above us, and the nurses would say how nice he is to patients and nurses alike, which apparently seems not to be the norm for heart surgeons. I would highly recommend him!"
-- Stacey Janet, Aortic Valve, Mini Sternotomy, 04/23/2018
My Specialities &
My heart surgery specialties include:
- Minimally invasive aortic valve repair
- Transcatheter heart valve therapies
- Minimally invasive aortic aneurysm repair
In addition, I have research and clinical interests specific to:
- Enhanced Recovery After Surgery (ERAS)
- Heart surgery clinical trials
- Endoscopic surgery
Education, Training & Certificates
Dr. Judson Williams, heart surgeon, graduated from Vanderbilt University Medical School in 2007.
After medical school, Dr. Williams completed a Cardiovascular Research Fellowship in 2011, Surgical Residency in 2014 and a Cardiothoracic Surgery Fellowship in 2016 at Duke University.
Dr. Williams is board certified by the American Board of Surgery and the American Board of Thoracic Surgery.
During his career, Dr. Williams has received several awards and acknowledgements including:
* W. Glenn Young Award for Most Outstanding Junior Assistant Resident, Duke University Department of Surgery – 2009
* Society of Thoracic Surgeons Looking to the Future Scholarship (mentor: Walter H. Merrill, MD) – 2010
* First Place, Podium Presentation at SC-NC American College of Surgeons Annual Meeting, Scientific Session Competition – 2010
* Highest Impact Publication (Williams et al Circulation 2011) by a trainee, Duke University Department of Surgery– 2010-2011
* Samson Resident Finalist, Paul C. Samson Resident Manuscript Competition at the 37th Annual Meeting of the Western Thoracic Surgical Association – 2011
* American Board of Surgery In Training Exam, 98th percentile – 2011
* Highest Impact Publication (Williams et al JAMA 2012) by a trainee, Duke University Department of Surgery – 2012-2013
* John W. Kirklin CT Resident & Fellow Research Award, Foundation for the Advancement of Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgery Critical Care – 2014
* Duke University School of Medicine Clinical Science Day 3rd Place Winner in Recognition of Exceptional Clinical Research – 2014
* Alpha Omega Alpha – 2015
* American Board of Thoracic Surgery In Training Exam, 99th percentile – 2015
* American Board of Thoracic Surgery In Training Exam, 100th percentile – 2016
* Vice President, Enhanced Recovery after Surgery Cardiac Society – 2018, 2019, 2020
* Outstanding Reviewer, American Heart Journal – acieved April 2018
* PRC Excellence in Healthcare Award – 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022
* Triangle Business Journal HealthCare Heroes Award – 2019
* ERAS Cardiac Center of Excellence recipient for WakeMed Health and Hospitals – 2019
* Board of Directors, Alfred Williams and Company – 2019
* 21st Century Cardiovascular Surgical Society (21CCSS) Member – 2020
* Petals Award Nominee, WakeMed Nursing – 2017, 2019, 2020
* Pyramid Society (WakeMed Health and Hospitals highest honor) – 2020
* Healthgrades Cardiac Surgery Excellence Award™ – 2021
* IBM Watson Top 50 for Heart and Vascular – 2020, 2021
* Named a North Carolina “Top Doctor” by NC Business Magazine – 2020, 2022
* Advisory Board, ERAS Cardiac Society
* Tied for Lowest CABG Mortality in Nation according to CMS (cms.gov) – 2021
with Dr. Judson Williams, MD
To schedule an appointment with Dr. Williams, you can:
- Call (919) 261-7705 right now
- Request an appointment by clicking here.
The office of Dr. Williams is located at 3000 New Bern Avenue, Suite 1100, Raleigh, NC 27610. To get driving directions to this office, please click the map below.
> Click for driving directions to Dr. Williams’s office.
Watch Educational Video with Dr. Judson Williams
Learn about heart valve surgery from Dr. Williams in this video:
Enhanced Recovery After Heart Surgery (ERAS) with Dr. Judson Williams
News & Online References Featuring Dr. Judson Williams
Here is the latest news featuring Dr. Judson Williams:
Page last updated: November 15, 2022