About Dr. Elizabeth Stephens,
Heart Valve Surgeon
Hello! My name is Dr. Elizabeth Stephens and I am a cardiac surgeon having graduated from Baylor College of Medicine in 2011. Mayo Clinic performs more than 4,500 cardiac surgeries each year. We are experts in treating pediatric, congenital and complex forms of heart valve disease using minimally invasive procedures including transcatheter aortic valve replacement (TAVR) and robotic mitral valve repair. In addition, Mayo Clinic specializes in treating cardiac conditions often related to heart valve disease including atrial fibrillation, coronary artery disease and aortic aneurysms. I regularly perform surgery at hospitals including Mayo Clinic Hospital and Saint Marys Campus. Read more...
I believe my greatest strength is my clinical areas of expertise including the treatment of:
* Neonates, infants, and children with complex congenital heart disease
* Adult patients with congenital heart disease, including patients previously repaired
* Valve disease, including Ebstein's anomaly
* Pediatric patients with heart failure, including mechanical circulatory support and heart transplantation
* Patients with vascular rings and tracheal stenosis
I am active in outcomes research relative to congenital heart disease and am extensively published on various cardiac surgery conditions. I have particular interest in education, including serving on national committees and mentoring trainees of all levels.
1 Patient Review for
"Dr. Stephens did an amazing job explaining what the surgical plan was and answered all our questions. I have never met such a humble surgeon. Dr. Stephens is so genuine, and she cares about the little things. My son really enjoyed talking with her, and she took the time to explain what she had done. That meant so much to all of us."
-- Kayla Hinman, Pulmonary Valve, Valve Replacement, 12/23/2020
My Specialities &
My heart surgery specialties include:
- Congenital heart disease surgery
- Neonatal and pediatric heart surgery
- Aortic valve, mitral valve, pulmonary valve and tricuspid valve repair and replacement
In addition, I have research and clinical interests specific to:
- Outcomes research in congenital heart disease
- Valve repair and semilunar valve interventions in Fontan patients
- Mitral cleft surgery
Education, Training & Certificates
Dr. Elizabeth Stephens, heart surgeon, graduated from Baylor College of Medicine in 2011.
After medical school, Dr. Stephens completed a Cardiothoracic Surgery Residency at Columbia University - New York Presbyterian Hospital in 2018. Dr. Stephens furthered her specialty with a Congenital Cardiac Surgery Fellowship at Lurie Children's Hospital / Northwestern University in 2019.
with Dr. Elizabeth Stephens, MD
To schedule an appointment with Dr. Stephens, you can:
- Call (507) 710-3086 right now
- Request an appointment by clicking here.
The office of Dr. Stephens is located at 200 First Street SW, Rochester, MN 55905. To get driving directions to this office, please click the map below.
> Click for driving directions to Dr. Stephens’s office.
Page last updated: July 20, 2021