About Dr. Arman Arghami,
Heart Valve Surgeon
Hello! My name is Dr. Arman Arghami and I am a cardiac surgeon having graduated from Mashhad University of Medical Sciences, Mashhad, Iran in 2004. Mayo Clinic performs more than 4,500 cardiac surgeries each year. We are experts in treating pediatric, congenital and complex forms of heart valve disease using minimally invasive procedures including transcatheter aortic valve replacement (TAVR) and robotic mitral valve repair. In addition, Mayo Clinic specializes in treating cardiac conditions often related to heart valve disease including atrial fibrillation, coronary artery disease and aortic aneurysms. I regularly perform surgery at hospitals including Mayo Clinic Hospital and Saint Marys Campus. Read more...
2 Patient Reviews for
"Great surgeon who I'd spoken with several times before meeting him in person as part of my evaluation. "
-- Scott Kinghorn, Mitral Valve, Valve Repair, Robotic Surgery, 05/06/2021
"Dr. Arman Arghami at the Mayo Clinic/St. Mary Hospital (Rochester, MN) is one of the finest surgeons I have ever met. When I first met with Dr. Arghami a few weeks before the surgery date, he explained the situation, reviewed the test results, examined me, presented all of the options, set all expectations, answered all of our questions, and his friendliness and professionalism put my wife and me at ease. He specializes in this type of work. I appreciate the excellent communications including the appointments, meeting notes, test and procedure results posted on the Mayo Clinic’s patient portal.
During our meetings with Dr. Arghami, we observed that we had his full attention. Dr. Arghami met with my family after my surgery and answered all of their questions and put them at ease. Dr. Arghami and his associate, Dr. Carlos Puig, visited with me every day I was in the hospital (5 days). They both have an outstanding bedside manner and they both spent as much time with me as I needed. I also appreciate their staff of people who constantly kept me informed and monitored my progress throughout the process. The people at the Mayo Clinic are inspiring. I am so impressed with the level of caring and professionalism at that institution. The outcome of the surgery was great."
-- Herman Kanter, Aortic Valve, Valve Replacement, 09/13/2019
My Specialities &
My heart surgery specialties include:
- Aortic valve, mitral valve and tricuspid valve repair and replacement
- Minimally invasive and robotic assisted cardiac surgery
- Minimally invasive atrial fibrillation treatment, Maze procedure and coronary bypass surgery
In addition, I have research and clinical interests specific to:
- Machine learning and Artificial Intelligence in cardiac surgical patients
- Outcome measures and Big Data
- Clinical trials and investigational devices
Education, Training & Certificates
Dr. Arman Arghami, heart surgeon, graduated from Mashhad University of Medical Sciences, Mashhad, Iran in 2004.
After medical school, Dr. Arghami completed a Preliminary General Surgery Residency in 2011 and a General Surgery Residency in 2016 at Mayo Graduate School of Medicine. Then, Dr. Arghami was a Resident in Thoracic Surgery at Mayo Graduate School of Medicine in 2018. To further his specialty, Dr. Arghami completed a Cardiothoracic Fellowship at Mayo Clinic in 2018.
Dr. Arghami is board certified in General Surgery and Thoracic and Cardiac Surgery. During his career, Dr. Arghami has received several awards and acknowledgements including:
* 2021: Teacher of The Year Award, Department of Cardiovascular Surgery, Mayo Clinic, Rochester MN
* 2020: Provider Recognition Award, Rochester Mayo Clinic Experience
* 2017: O.T. Clagett Travel Awards, O.T. Clagett Lectureship
* 2017: Above and Beyond Recognition Award, Above and Beyond Recognition Program
* 2015: The John van Heerden Award, Department of Surgery, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science, Department of Education Administration
* 2012: Bronze Mayo Clinic Fellow, Mayo Quality Bronze Fellow, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science, Department of Education Administration
* 2011: Silver Retractor Award, Department of Surgery, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science, Department of Education Administration
with Dr. Arman Arghami, MD
To schedule an appointment with Dr. Arghami, you can:
- Call (507) 710-3079 right now
- Request an appointment by clicking here.
The office of Dr. Arghami is located at 200 First Street SW, Rochester, MN 55905. To get driving directions to this office, please click the map below.
> Click for driving directions to Dr. Arghami’s office.
Watch Educational Videos with Dr. Arman Arghami
Learn about heart valve surgery from Dr. Arghami in these videos:
MitraClip Q&A: Exercise, Patient Availability and the REPAIR MR Clinical Trial with Dr. Arman Arghami
Surgeon Insights: Minimally-Invasive Surgery for Secondary Mitral Valve Regurgitation with Dr. Arghami
News & Online References Featuring Dr. Arman Arghami
Here is the latest news featuring Dr. Arman Arghami:
- Expert Surgeon Profile: Arman Arghami, MD, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota
- Patient Webinar: Advances in Heart Valve Replacements with Dr. Arman Arghami
- Doctor Q&A: MitraClip Durability, Availability & Clinical Trials with Dr. Arman Arghami
- Surgeon Insights: Minimally-Invasive Surgery for Secondary Mitral Valve Regurgitation
Page last updated: June 6, 2023