About Dr. Jose Navia,
Heart Valve Surgeon
Hello! My name is Dr. Jose Navia and I am a cardiac surgeon having graduated from National University of La Plata in 1984. To date, I have performed approximately 4,000 cardiac surgeries, of which 2,000 involved heart valve procedures. I regularly perform surgery at Cleveland Clinic Florida. Read more...
I believe my greatest strength is the ability to treat patients with even the most complex medical problems. Many times, these treatments involve advanced techniques and innovative approaches to achieve the best possible results. I have a passion for innovation, and it is extremely gratifying to invent a new way to help a patient who otherwise may not have been able to have a good outcome.
5 Patient Reviews for
"This was my second time around. Very professional. Doing well so far."
-- Michael Wallman, Aortic Valve, Mitral Valve, Valve Replacement, 05/13/2018
-- Richard McCloskey, Aortic Valve, Valve Replacement, 08/16/2017
-- Clifford Chapin, Aortic Valve, Valve Replacement, 12/08/2014
-- Laura Thalman, Mitral Valve, Tricuspid Valve, Valve Repair, Valve Replacement, 11/26/2012
-- Mary Feroce, Mitral Valve, Valve Repair, 01/14/2011
My Specialities &
My heart surgery specialties include:
- Minimally invasive and video-assisted cardiac surgery aortic, mitral, and tricuspid valve repair and replacement
- Surgical treatment of multivalve endocarditis, aortic valve homograft surgery, and Commando Procedure
- Surgery for multiple valve cardiac complex reoperations
In addition, I have research and clinical interests specific to:
- Transcatheter mitral and tricuspid valve repair and replacement
- Novel annuloplasty rings for functional mitral regurgitation treatment
- Aortic and mitral homografts for treatment of complex multivalve endocarditis
Education, Training & Certificates
Dr. Jose Navia, heart surgeon, graduated from National University of La Plata in 1984.
After medical school, Dr. Navia completed a General Surgery Residency at Hospital General de Agudos, Italian Hospital in Buenos Aires in 1989. Dr. Navia then completed a Thoracic Surgery Residency at the Cleveland Clinic in 1996.
Dr. Navia is board-certified in Thoracic & Cardiovascular Surgery and has received many acknowledgements during his career including:
* 2015 - Sones - Favaloro Innovations Award * 2004-2013 - Cleveland Clinic Innovation Award * 1994-1996 - Favaloro International Fellow Award * 1996 - Dr. Charles H. Bryan Clinical Excellence Award from Cleveland Clinic
with Dr. Jose Navia, MD
To schedule an appointment with Dr. Navia, you can:
- Call (888) 790-4342 right now
- Request an appointment by clicking here.
The office of Dr. Navia is located at 2950 Cleveland Clinic Blvd., Weston, FL 33331. To get driving directions to this office, please click the map below.
> Click for driving directions to Dr. Navia’s office.
Page last updated: April 18, 2019