About Dr. Robert Hawkins,
Heart Valve Surgeon
Hello! My name is Dr. Robert Hawkins and I am a cardiac surgeon having graduated from University of Colorado School of Medicine in 2013. To date, I have performed approximately 300 cardiac surgeries, of which over 150 involved heart valve procedures. I regularly perform surgery at University of Michigan Health. Read more...
1 Patient Review for
"Dr. Hawkins is an excellent surgeon. He repaired an ascending aortic aneurysm during my bicuspid valve replacement. The surgery was very successful."
-- Carol Schuck, Aortic Valve, Valve Replacement, Median Sternotomy, 02/02/2022
My Specialities &
My heart surgery specialties include:
- Surgical and transcatheter aortic valve repair and replacement
- Mitral valve repair
- Coronary artery bypass grafting (CABG), aortic aneurysm repair, ventricular assist device placement, heart failure and transplantation procedures
In addition, I have research and clinical interests specific to:
- Basic science research focusing on the prevention and treatment of thoracic aortic aneurysms
- Health services research focusing on the impact of health policy, economics and disparities in cardiac surgical access and quality
Education, Training & Certificates
Dr. Robert Hawkins, heart surgeon, graduated from University of Colorado School of Medicine in 2013.
Dr. Hawkins completed a Thoracic Surgery Residency at the University of Virginia Hospital in 2021.
Dr. Hawkins is board certified by the American Board of Thoracic Surgery and has received several awards including:
* The George Packard Award for Outstanding Performance in Surgery, University of Colorado
* Cardiothoracic Surgery Resident Teaching Award, University of Virginia
with Dr. Robert Hawkins, MD
To schedule an appointment with Dr. Hawkins, you can:
- Call (734) 212-8129 right now
- Request an appointment by clicking here.
The office of Dr. Hawkins is located at 1500 E. Medical Center Dr., Ann Arbor, MI 48104. To get driving directions to this office, please click the map below.
> Click for driving directions to Dr. Hawkins’s office.
News & Online References Featuring Dr. Robert Hawkins
Here is the latest news featuring Dr. Robert Hawkins:
Page last updated: April 18, 2023