About Dr. Marijan Koprivanac,
Heart Valve Surgeon
Hello! My name is Dr. Marijan Koprivanac and I am a cardiac surgeon having graduated from University of Zagreb School of Medicine, Zagreb, Croatia in 2009. Cleveland Clinic performs more than 4,500 heart surgeries each year. All Cleveland Clinic cardiac surgeons complete between 300-400 cardiac cases per year. Read more...
I believe my greatest strength is that I enjoy my field because there is no greater feeling than being able to help someone and to be a part of the process of improving one’s quality of life. In cardiac surgery, this requires high technical expertise and a wide skill set to be able to choose the best treatment option and achieve the best possible outcome. I feel grateful to have learned these skills from one of the best heart surgeons in the world. I am also privileged that my work is facilitated by an amazing team of individuals caring for our patients from diagnosis to discharge and beyond.
1 Patient Review for
"Knowledgeable, attentive. Good results."
-- Thomas Murray, Aortic Valve, Valve Replacement, 03/18/2022
My Specialities &
My heart surgery specialties include:
- Aortic and bicuspid valve repair
- Redo and minimally invasive cardiac surgery
- Surgery for thoracic aortic aneurysm and dissection including endovascular approach
In addition, I have research and clinical interests specific to:
- Aortic surgery
- Advancing care in cardiac surgery
- Cardiopulmonary bypass and perfusion
Education, Training & Certificates
Dr. Marijan Koprivanac, heart surgeon, graduated from University of Zagreb School of Medicine, Zagreb, Croatia in 2009.
After medical school, Dr. Koprivanac completed a General Surgery Residency in 2019 at Cleveland Clinic. In 2021, he completed both a Cardiothoracic Surgery Fellowship at University of Pennsylvania and an Advanced Aortic Fellowship at Cleveland Clinic.
Dr. Koprivanac has received many awards and recognitions during his career including the following:
* Michael Acker Excellence in Teaching Award, University of Pennsylvania, 2021
* Excellence in Teaching Award, Cleveland Clinic, 2019
* Best Oral Presentation, Cleveland Clinic Cardiothoracic Surgery Research Day, 2018
* Rector's Award for Best Student Research/Article, University of Zagreb, 2008
with Dr. Marijan Koprivanac, MD
To schedule an appointment with Dr. Koprivanac, you can:
- Call (216) 800-9825 right now
- Request an appointment by clicking here.
The office of Dr. Koprivanac is located at 9500 Euclid Avenue, Cleveland, OH 44195. To get driving directions to this office, please click the map below.
> Click for driving directions to Dr. Koprivanac’s office.
News & Online References Featuring Dr. Marijan Koprivanac
Here is the latest news featuring Dr. Marijan Koprivanac:
Page last updated: July 25, 2022