Hello! My name is Dr. Harold Roberts and I am a heart surgeon having graduated from University of Arkansas in 1981. To date, I have performed approximately 4,500 cardiac surgical procedures, of which 3,500 involved heart valve operations. I perform surgery at Aventura Hospital.
"Dr. Harold Roberts is my ‘dream come true’! Dr. Roberts: The Man, The Miracle, The Legend. While his surgical prowess is renowned, his ability to assemble a team of experts to save my husband’s life must not be forgotten. In a matter of moments, Dr. Roberts realized that he could not perform a robotic surgery (as planned) and quickly switched the procedure to an open heart sternotomy to accommodate my husband’s unique anatomy. Previously, we visited specialists and other surgeons who did not recognize that my husband’s situation was more difficult than first anticipated. During a critical moment, Dr. Roberts knew exactly what to do. There is no other choice, he's the BEST! A true expert, a professional, and a man with a GREAT heart."
"Dr. Harold Roberts is a brilliant surgeon, with extensive technical capabilities and compassion. My experience was excellent due to Dr. Roberts. I highly recommend him."
"Dr. Roberts performed a radical valvuloplasty to repair a severe leak in the mitral valve with a Maze procedure to stop my arrhythmia. The surgeon was professional and did his job. "
My cardiac specialties include:
- Complex mitral valve repair
- Robotic endoscopic mitral valve repair
- Minimally invasive aortic valve replacement including transcatheter aortic valve replacement (TAVR)
I have the following clinical interests:
- Complex mitral reconstruction using the robotic endoscopic approach (largest incision 18 mm)
- Robotic endoscopic Cox-cryomaze particularly useful for curing chronic atrial fibrillation for patients with failed catheter ablations
- Complex multivalvular procedures with coronary revascularization
"I believe my greatest strength as a heart surgeon is that over 95% of my cardiac procedures involve a heart valve. I routinely do complex multi-valvular procedures and re-vascularization, frequently in high risk patients referred or declined by other surgeons. In spite of this, my mortality rate is consistently well below the STS risk adjusted predicted mortality. In addition, I spend the majority of my time away from the practice attending valve meetings. Thus, I believe I consistently offer cutting edge techniques and equipment to provide my patients the best solutions for their heart valve problems."
Dr. Harold Roberts, heart surgeon, graduated from University of Arkansas in 1981.
I have relationships with several insurance providers including:
- Many other providers listed at http://aventurahospital.com/patients/accepted-insurance.dot
20900 Biscayne Blvd.
Aventura, FL 33308
(888) 536-7481 A map of our clinic is provided below.