1. Is the 'Surgeon Finder' free for patients and caregivers?
Yes. The online database is free for all patients and caregivers.
2. How many surgeons are listed in the database?
Since launching this service in 2009, our surgeon records have increased dramatically. Today, the database maintains over 1,200 patient recommendations for surgeons from 25 countries around the world.
3. Who provides the patient feedback about heart surgeons?
The information is provided by patients (or their caregivers) that have already had heart valve repair and heart valve replacement surgery. Please note, all surgeon information is moderated and verified prior to public access.
4. How can I add my surgeon experience?
We encourage all former patients and caregivers to add their surgeon profiles to the database. Using our online form, it takes less than 3 minutes to submit your surgeon experience. To add story, please click here.
5. Can I really contact a surgeon through the database?
Yes. If the surgeon you wish to contact is a registered surgeon, simply click the "Contact Surgeon" icon by their name. Once your email request is compete, we will immediately deliver it to the surgeon's office.
6. Who are the registered surgeons?
To see our list of registered surgeons, please click here.