Home > Adam's Blog > Rapid Growth...

Rapid Growth Continues At Heart Valve Journals… Thanks To Trevor & Company!

Posted by Adam Pick on July 7th, 2010

If you have yet to visit our new social network, Heart Valve Journals, I would encourage you to stop by. Since launching this new community, thousands of patients and caregivers have used this online network to meet, support and stay in-touch with each other.

Trevor Nelson

At 22 years of age, Trevor Nelson is one of the younger patients to benefit from the unique features of Heart Valve Journals. If you have some time, please click here to visit Trevor’s journal. As you will soon see, Trevor has posted 30+ journals, 10+ pictures, and received 150+ comments in his Guestbook.

Best of all, Trevor is doing very well one month after aortic valve surgery!!!

Keep on tickin’ Trevor!

rose filice says on July 7th, 2010 at 6:15 pm

Your life is blessed with this amazing “ministry” I am discovering- Thank you ADAM.I can’t bring myself to read much yet- I am still trying to get my head around my impending surgery but SO GLAD to know you and the stories are out there

Tim says on July 7th, 2010 at 8:18 pm

Thank you so much Adam for creating the heart valve journal. It has been so therapeutic for me to use before and after my surgery. It has also been great to use to vent when things don’t go so well. Thanks for everything you do for all of us heart valve patients.

Cheryl says on July 8th, 2010 at 1:14 pm

Hi Adam

I can’t thank you enough for developing the HVJ site. I’ve been able to share information from before surgery right through my recovery and I’m still keeping in touch with the friends I’ve met there. Sometimes it is just nice to be able to vent and then find you have feedback from someone going through the same thing. The information and resources you have been able to provide through your book, blog and journal sites are invaluable tools to us heart valve patients. It would have been a very lonely trip otherwise. Wishing you and your family well.

Cheryl, Ontario

Adam Pick says on July 8th, 2010 at 1:18 pm

Tim, Rose and Cheryl –

Thanks so much for the kind words.

I’m thrilled to hear the Heart Valve Journals website has been helpful and therapeutic for you through your surgery and recovery.

I never expected it to take off so quickly. I am hopeful my server can keep up with the growth. :)

Mary says on July 10th, 2010 at 3:44 pm

Just wanted to add my appreciation for the heart valve journals. Even though I am only the caregiver of someone who went through heart valve surgery, it has been so helpful to me. So many kind and wonderful people out there willing to share their story and their experiences with others going through the same surgery. I was AMAZED at the number of responses I always received when I posed a question of the other heart valve journal people. I suppose I could have gotten through the surgery without all the suggestions, however; it made it much more easy to handle knowing what to expect and how to handle the different situations. Thank you to everyone who has responding to my son’s heart valve journal.